Friday, January 18, 2008

Scuba Steve's Playoff Picks



Ok..This is championship week and we have 2 great matchups that will determine the players in Super Bowl 42 (sorry, im a cat, I dont do well with Roman Numerals). Since last week I went .500 by picking the Seahawks and the Colts, I need to bury my poop in the litter and get it together. Here are this week's picks.

San Diego at New England (-14) - Rivers is hurt, LT is kinda hurt, Gates is still hurt. No way can their offense keep up with Brady, Moss, etc etc..and I dont think that the Moss story is a distraction. Patriots 38-17.

New York Football Giants at Green Bay (-7)
- Poppa and I had a long talk about this, and there could be consequences on what im thinking here. Brett Favre is the sentimental favorite. Besides Brady, he is the NFL poster child. He has a ton of records, some decent weapons (Jennings, Grant) and the elements of the tundra of Lambeau Field. HOWEVER....the G men are 9-1 on the road this year, play in shit weather every week in the Meadowlands. If Eli shows up and doesnt throw ducks all day, could be very interesting. IN AN UPSET...GMEN 24-21

No comments: